Inspiring to artists, authors, and everyday dreamers, Carbonell's bold Extra Virgin Olive Oil embodies the creativity and spontaneity of the people who adore it.
Bold & Spanish
In Spain every year, lavish awards are held to honor excellence in storytelling. Winners receive a golden statue of Benito, the Carbonell bull, illustrating the powerful force of the art.
We think food can tell daring stories, too. Use Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil to create show-stopping salads and bold dressings or dips. The powerful flavor will help you tell fascinating culinary tales.
A language of
In Spain, dancing is more than an art – it is a language all its own. Flamenco dancers use a combination of dramatic arm motions and foot stamping to tell stories about their love of Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil.Learn Flamenco
Crispy Chicken Tenders with Dipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch strips lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove, skin removed
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Splash of white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. clove powder
- For the dipping cream, add the lemon juice, egg yolk, garlic, vinegar, and pinch of salt into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Then slowly drizzle in the Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil until a smooth, blended sauce is formed. It should be the consistency of heavy cream. Taste for seasoning, then pour into a bowl and reserve.
- Season the chicken with salt and place on a clean sheet tray.
- Heat a cast iron or stainless steel sauté pan with the Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil on medium heat.
- Whip the egg white lightly with a little water. Mix in spices with a little salt to the egg white mixture.
- Place the chicken strips into the egg whites to coat. Next, place in the breadcrumbs to coat. Then place the chicken into the hot oil carefully. Do not overcrowd the pan, so the breadcrumbs get nice and crispy. If necessary, work in batches.
- Once golden brown, flip chicken tenders and brown the other side. Cook about 6 to 8 minutes total, place on a paper towel to absorb any excess olive oil, season lightly with salt and a squeeze of lemon.
- Place all of the crispy tenders on a plate with the dipping cream. Dip, enjoy and repeat!
Spice-Rubbed Confit of Pork Tenderloin
- 2 cups Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. ground fennel seed
- 1 tbsp. ground star anise
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground pink peppercorn
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Fresh pepper
- Season the tenderloins on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat in a deep cast iron skillet until the oil reads 150°F on a candy thermometer.
- Carefully slip the tenderloins into the oil and confit until the internal temperature of the tenderloins reads 150°F on a meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, combine all the spices along with the lemon zest and put in a large tray.
- Once pork is fully cooked, remove from olive oil and roll through the spice mix until fully covered with the spice rub, then slice and serve.
Grilled Shrimp Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cups Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, cleaned and grilled
- 1 1/2 cups red potatoes, grilled, small dice
- 1 cup red onion, small dice
- 1 cup ripe tomatoes, small dice
- 1/4 cup red pepper, small dice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/2–3/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 head bib lettuce, cleaned
- Toss all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, taste to check seasoning.
- Cover and let sit in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
- Place a few salad leaves in the center of a plate with a few spoons of the salad on top of the leaves. Serve cold.
In 1888, the British Admiralty named Carbonell their exclusive purveyor of olive oil, leading to the popular sailor song, “I Lost My Heart to a Pretty Gypsy Woman.” Since then, the Carbonell Gypsy has continued to be the inspiration for ballads and love letters.
My dearest ______,
Ever since I met you, my life hasn’t been the same. I love the way you ______ and how you _______. Every time you ______, my heart takes flight. You’ve changed the way I see the world. And every moment that we spend together feels like a gift that I never deserved.
You are the fire that warms me, the anchor that grounds me, and the light that guides me home. You are my ______. My ______. My everything. And I will always love you.
A fight of
Every year, impassioned toreros, as fierce as the Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil they honor, gather in Pamplona, Spain, for a seven-day festival. During the weeklong celebration, they engage in bullfights at the “Feria del Toro” to earn the title of Carbonell King.
Listen as one bullfighter expresses his love of the thrill of the arena.Play Song